The following procedure for reviewing manuscripts has been adopted by the editorial office of the journal “Neonatology: news, opinions, training”:
1. Each manuscript is registered on its receipt by the editorial office.
2. During the next scheduled meeting of the editorial board or in certain cases by the decision of the editor-in-chief or her deputies the manuscript is sent for review to members of the editorial board or leading experts in the relevant field (at least two reviewers per single article).
3. Reviewers treat the article as a confidential material strictly observing the author's rights to non-disclosure prior to publication of the data contained in the article. Additional experts may be engaged by the reviewer only with the permission of the editorial office and on a confidential basis.
4. If the article receives a negative review the author is sent a response by e-mail indicating the reasons why this material cannot be published in the journal “Neonatology: news, opinions, training”.
5. If minor editorial comments are provided the manuscript is returned to the author for revision with subsequent review and discussion by the reviewer of the comments provided earlier and changes incorporated by the author.
6. In certain cases the editorial board may refer the article for additional review including statistical and methodological.
7. If the article receives a positive review it is sent for revision to the editorial council and the managing editor of the issue to make a decision regarding the publication of the material in one of the issues of the journal. The order of publications is typically observed with regards to the time of receipt of the manuscripts.
8. Reviews and copies of e-mails sent to authors are stored in the editorial office of the journal not less than 5 years (archive)