I. GENERAL STATEMENTS
· Before submitting an article, please read the following information carefully:
· The editorial board of the journal « Neonatology: News, Opinions, Training» provides peer review (expert evaluation) of articles submitted for publication. The editorial board complies with the principles of the «Committee on publication Ethics» (COPE). The article can be published only after receiving a positive expert assessment from two reviewers and, if necessary, a specialist in biomedical statistics.
· The editorial board reserves the right to make literary editions and shortening of manuscripts for a better perception of the text by readers, without changing the main positions of the content of the submitted material. The date of receipt of the article is the time when the final (revised) version of the article is received, if it is finalized by the authors after reviewing.
· The data presented in the article must be original. The editorial board does not consider materials previously published in other journals or submitted to other journal for publication. An exception may be cases where the author and editor explicitly state that the article was intentionally republished, if this, by their opinion, is important for public health. For example, recommendations developed by governmental and professional organizations aimed at the widest possible readership can be reprinted from other journals with the consent of their editors and authors.
· Authors are responsible for the accuracy of the results of scientific results presented in the article.
· The results of randomized controlled trials should be presented in accordance with existing standards for studies of such design (http://www.consort-statement.org).
· Plagiarism and secondary publications. It is unacceptable to use unfair textual borrowing and assign research results that do not belong to the authors of the submitted article. Checking of the article for originality is possible using the services https://www.antiplagiat.ru/ (for Russian language texts) and http://www.plagiarism.org/ (for English language texts). The editorial board reserves the right to check submitted articles for plagiarism. Text similarity of more than 20% is considered unacceptable. Submission of article previously published in other journals is impossible.
II. RULES FOR ARTICLE SUBMISSION
1. Article Submission Form. All authors indicated in the article must sign and send to the editorial office the «Article Submission Form», which can be downloaded by the link. The submission form must have an approval of the head of the Institutions (or divisions) where the work was carried out. By submitting the article, the authors confirm that they agree with the provisions and principles listed below.
2. Copyright. By submitting the article and accompanying files for publication in the journal, the author (as well as all authors of this work, if it is created in co-authorship) agrees to grant GEOTAR-Media the exclusive and perpetual right to use the work for free (exclusive, perpetual and gratuitous license) on the territory of Russia and foreign countries:
3. Publication language. Articles from any country in Russian and/or English may be presented for publication in the journal. Articles by foreign authors written in English can be published by the decision of the editorial board with a translation of the title, summary, keywords, captions to figures and tables into Russian. The full translation of the article is carried out by the decision of the editorial board.
Preparation of articles.
4.1. General rules. The article should be printed in Times New Roman or Arial font, font size 12, line spacing - 1.5. The page format is A4, the left field is 3 cm, and the other fields are 2 cm. All pages must be numbered. Do not use the automatic hyphening. The spelling and punctuation of the article should be carefully checked. The entire text of the article (title page, summary, keywords, text of the article, tables, list of cited literature, information about the authors) should be written in a single MS Word file. The file with the text of the article should be named after the first author of the article (e.g.: Ivanov. Text).
The volume of original articles should not exceed 18 pages (including illustrations, tables, summaries and references), the volume of reviews - no more than 20 pages.
If the article is written in Russian, the obligatory translation of metadata into English (the names of authors, the official names of institutions where the authors work, addresses, article title, article summary, key words, information to contact with the corresponding author).
4.2. Title page. The title page should start with the following information:
1) family names and initials of the authors;
2) the title of the article (to increase citation, it is recommended not to give the geographical indications in the title);
3) the full name of the institution where each author works, in the nominative case, with mandatory indication of the affiliation to department or ministry;
4) postal code of the institution, city, country;
5) information about each author: full name, academic degree, academic title, position, e-mail address of the author, ORCID;
6) information about the author for correspondence: full name, academic degree, academic title, position, e-mail, ORCID, mobile phone.
If there are several authors, each name and the corresponding institution must have a numeric index. If all the authors of the article work in the same institution just specify the institution once. If the author has several institutions of work, each one is indicated by a separate numeric index.
Example of the beginning of the title page:
Degtyareva A.V.1, 2, Puchkova A.A.1, Zhdanova S.I.3, 4, Degtyarev D.N.1, 2
Wolman disease is a severe infant form of lysosomal acid lipase deficiency
1 V.I. Kulakov Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology National Medical Research Center of Ministry of Healthсаre of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia
2 I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University), Moscow, Russia
3 Kazan State MedicaL University, Kazan, Russia
4 Republican Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tatarstan, Kazan, Russia
Degtyareva Anna Vladimirovna - Doctor of medical sciences, Head of the Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Neonatology and Pediatrics, Federal State Budget Institution «National Medical Research Center for Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology named after Academician V.I. Kulakov» of the Ministry of Healthcare of Russian Federation, Professor of the Department of Neonatology, Institute of Children's Health, Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (Sechenov University), Moscow, Russia
Puchkova Anna Alexandrovna - Candidate of Medical Sciences, Head on clinical work of the Scientific Advisory Pediatric Department of the V.I. Kulakov Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology National Medical Research Center of Ministry of Healthcаre of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia
Zhdanova Svetlana Igorevna - Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of Hospital Pediatrics, Kazan State Medical University, neonatologist, neonatal unit, the State Autonomous Healthcare Institution "Republican Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tatarstan", Kazan, Russia
Dmitiy Nikolaevich Degtyarev - doctor of medical sciences, professor, Deputy Director for Scientific Research of the V.I. Kulakov Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology National Medical Research Center of Ministry of Healthсаre of the Russian Federation, Head of the Chair of Neonatology at the Clinical Institute of children's health named After N. F. Filatov, Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (Sechenov University)
4.3. Authorship. The authors of the article may be persons who have made a significant contribution to the work, its revision or correction, final approval for publication, as well as those responsible for the integrity of all parts of the manuscript. Persons who have performed other roles in the preparation of the article (statisticians, language specialists, technical staff, etc.) can be indicated in the «Acknowledgements» section of the article in Russian, English, or both languages.
Number of authors: in original articles - without restrictions, in reviews - 3-4 authors, in descriptions of individual clinical cases - 2-3 authors. Authors must provide links to their profile on http://orcid.org (the profile must be fully completed in English, including links to publications).
o It is necessary to specify the authors' contribution (section «Authors' contribution») in writing the article: in which stages of creation of the article took part each of the authors: concept and design of study, data collection and processing, statistical data processing, writing, editing, approval of the final version of the article, responsibility for the integrity of all parts of the article.
Authors: Ivanov A.A., Petrov B. B., Sidorov V.V.
Authors' contribution. Concept and design of the research - Ivanov A. A., Sidorov V. V.; collection and processing of material - Petrov B. B.; statistical processing - Petrov B. B.; writing - Sidorov V. V.; editing - Ivanov A.A.
o Conflict of interests. Authors are required to report any existing or potential conflicts of interests. A conflict of interest can be considered any situation that can affect the author of the manuscript and lead to concealment, distortion of data or change their interpretation. The presence of a conflict of interests in one or more authors is not a reason for refusing to publish an article. The concealment of potential and obvious conflicts of interests on the part of the authors revealed by the editorial board may lead to refusal to review and publish the article.
Information about conflicts of interests or their absence should be provided in the article in the section «Conflict of interests» in English. If there is no conflict of interests, it is necessary to specify: «Authors declare no conflict of interests».
o Funding. If the study and/or preparation of the article had financial support, the source of funding should be indicated. If there was no financial support, its absence also should be indicated. This information should be provided in the section «Funding».
o Acknowledgments. Persons who participated in the preparation of the article but are not the authors (statisticians, language specialists, technical staff, etc.) can be indicated in the «Acknowledgments»
4.4. Summary. The summary of the article is the main source of information in domestic and foreign information systems and databases that index the journal. The summary should state only the essential facts of the work, avoiding lengthy arguments. In original articles, the summary should be structured - repeat the structure of the article, including the introduction, aim of the study, material and methods, results, conclusion.
The summary should be accompanied by several keywords that reflect the main topic of the article and facilitate the classification of work in computer search engines. Keywords are separated by semicolons.
4.5. Plan of the original articles. The structure of original articles must correspond to the IMRAD format (Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion). The plan of the original articles should be as follows: summary and keywords in English; introduction; material and methods; results; discussion; general conclusion or conclusions in points (at the choice of the authors).
The introduction gives a brief overview of relevant data, justification of the novelty and significance of the study identifies the outstanding issues and put clear goals and objectives, explaining further study. It is recommended to avoid long analyses and long historical excursions.
The section «Material and methods» should contain information about where and when the study was performed; criteria for including and excluding of patients, experimental animals; a description of the research method (cohort, prospective, randomized drug trial, retrospective, series of observations); a detailed description of the new drug, method, modification, experiment, a brief description of the protocol (Standard Operating Protocol - SOP). Modern methods of statistical data processing should be used.
The results of the study and discussion should be described in different sections. The Results should be clear and concise. Data should be presented in absolute numbers and percentages, with a 95% confidence interval (95% CI) and a p value specified. The Discussion section provides a convincing explanation of the results and shows their significance.
4.6. Medical products should be listed only in the form of international non-patented names that are used first, then, if necessary, the trade names of drugs registered in Russia (in accordance with the State register of medicinal products, https://grls.rosminzdrav.ru/Default.aspx). It is preferable that the names of enzymes correspond to the Enzyme Nomenclature standard (http://www.chem.qmul.ac.uk/iubmb/enzyme/). It is preferable that inherited or family diseases correspond to the international classification of inherited conditions in humans («Mendelian Inheritance in Man», http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Omim). The names of microorganisms should be verified in accordance with an international database that contains updated up-to-date information (http://gcm.wfcc.info).
4.7. Abbreviations. The manuscript may be accompanied by a dictionary of terms (unclear, which may cause the difficulties when reading). In addition to common abbreviations of units of measurement, physical, chemical and mathematical quantities and terms (for example, DNA), abbreviations of phrases that are often repeated in the text are allowed. All letter marks and abbreviations entered by the author must be deciphered in the text when they are first mentioned. Abbreviations of simple words are not allowed, even if they are often repeated. Doses of medicines and units of measurement of physical quantities must be specified in the SI system. Use a comma in decimals: 0,35.
4.8. Requirements for illustrations. Each image is submitted as a separate file, which must be signed for convenience (Ivanov. Figure 1). The place where the drawing should be wrapped indicates in the text of article. the caption under the drawing must be incerted in the same place. It is necessary to use a uniform system of letter symbols and image scaling; images must be sequentially numbered in the text. Illustration file formats: eps, tiff; resolution - at least 300 dpi.
4.9. Tables. It must be indicated the table number (if there are more than one table) and give it a title. Abbreviations of words are not allowed in tables. All numbers in the tables must match the numbers in the text.
4.10. Mathematical formulas. Mathematical equations should be represented as editable text, not as images. Variables should be indicated in italics. Equations should be numbered in order.
4.11. Bibliographic lists. In the « Neonatology: News, Opinions, Training» journal the Vancouver style of citation is used (references in the list are numbered not alphabetically, but as they are mentioned in the text, regardless of the language in which the work is given). In original articles, it is preferably to cite no more than 40 sources, in reviews - no more than 60, in lectures and other materials - no more than 15. The bibliography should contain, in addition to the main works, publications over the past 5 years, primarily articles from journals, links to highly cited sources, including Scopus and Web of Science. It is necessary to include any other additional information, if known, such as DOI, PMID, and so on.
Bibliographic references in the text of the article are indicated by [numbers] in square brackets. Make sure that all references given in the text are present in the list of references (and vice versa).
Abbreviations of journal titles should be given in accordance with the List of Title Word Abbreviations (list of abbreviations). Links to Internet sources must be reliable and long-lasting. At least the full URL and the date when the link became available should be given.
All authors are mentioned in the references; if the editors are mentioned, after the Full Name «eds.» is placed.
The authors are responsible for the correctness of the bibliographic data.
Examples of «References» list:
o Reiner Z., Guardamagna O., Nair D., et al. Lysosomal acid lipase deficiency - an under-recognized cause of dyslipidaemia and liver dysfunction. Atherosclerosis. 2014; 235 (1): 21-30.
o Scott S.A., Liu B., Nazarenko I., et al. Frequency of the cholesteryl ester storage disease common LIPA E8SJM mutation (c.894G>A) in various racial and ethnic groups. Hepatology. 2013; 58 (3): 958-65.
o Mattoo T.K. Neonatal acute kidney injury: evaluation, management, and prognosis. Literature review current through: Sep 2018. This topic last updated: Oct 05, 2017. URL: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/neonatal-acute-kidney-injury-evaluation-management-andprognosis
o Unal S., Gonulal D. The Prescription of Acute Peritoneal Dialysis in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Setting. URL: http://www.smgebooks.com/Progress-in-Peritoneal-Dialysis/chapters/PPD-16-01.pdf
5. Articles submission. Articless and accompanying documents can be submitted to the editorial office in electronic form via the journal's website using the «SEND ARTICLE» service (SEND ARTICLE button) .
6. Author's copies of the journal are provided (please contact the editorial office).
7. Publication fee: not charged.
ДЕТИ. ОБЩЕСТВО. БУДУЩЕЕ. III Конгресс "Психическое здоровье человека XXI века" Более 10 тысяч медицинских и немедицинских специалистов в сфере охраны психического здоровья, а также представителей социально-ориентированных НКО, деловых кругов, СМИ из 37 стран стали...
Пресс-релиз 21 и 22 октября 2021 года состоится II Национальный междисциплинарный конгресс "Времена года. Женское здоровье от юного до серебряного и золотого возраста" . Конгресс будет посвящен 20-летию Российской Ассоциации Маммологов и 15-летию первой кафедры клинической...
VIII Байкальские офтальмологические чтения "Визуализация в офтальмологии. Настоящее и будущее" 4-5 декабря 2021 года состоится Всероссийская научно-практическая конференция с международным участием VIII Байкальские офтальмологические чтения "Визуализация в офтальмологии....